Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cheers from Chicago!

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Looks great and love the number plate but it makes me cry about the cooled front seats where Holden did not even fit them them on the LE models. A real shame and travesty really.

dessy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SSV Redline Sedan & 2014 VW Golf R
Thank you, all!!

Yes, I have spacers behind the wheels. They really changed the stance and appearance of the car. I am getting new wheels, however.

Do you have the brand and specs for the spacers? Maybe even a link to where you got them? Cheers.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
I'm very impressed.
Locking it away for your winter sounds a good idea, away from the snow and salt on the roads where you are.

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
Who puts Holden badges on a Chevy? Love it totally and then to back it up with those plates is sensational. Nice to see it's not just us proud of our Aussie cars

OrangeBlastSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SS-V Redline
What a great looking car.

That orange really pops!

Don’t see many in that colour over here, it’s a variation of tiger mica?

For us, they call it Orange Blast Metallic. Owning an orange Holden was always a goal of mine since Tiger Mica. Ordered the car on September 6, 2016, and she was delivered on March 4, 2017. Couldn't be happier!

Thumbs up mate

That's my favourite vf2 colour and those plates are classy. I like the contrast with the black especially when combined with factory optioned black roof and rear wing

Enjoy

Unfortunately, we didn't get those options. I had to order the spoiler as an accessory option myself. Not sure if I'll ever paint or wrap the roof.

Mate that thing is stunning. What are you using on the paint to get that shine and clarity.

This was the first car that I had professionally coated in Modesta. She has Modesta on the exterior, interior, brakes, wheels, wheel barrels, etc. There's also Xpel PPF over a majority of the car.

I love the design of the HP20 rims but their Achilles heel is the OEM fitment where the offsets are way too conservative for the big wheel wells on the VE/VF Commodores.

Using spacers to bring them out flush with the fender lips like you have has really enhanced the appearance.

What rims are you swapping them out for?

Yes, I completely agree! I posted pictures in the lowered thread when I first lowered the car. You can see how sunken in the wheels are. The spacers made them look so much tougher!

I'm going with the Avant Garde M632 wheels. Planning on running a 305 in the rear and a 255 up front. With those, I'll certainly have to cut the rear quarters.

What's the story with the black SS in the background of one pic? It seems to have the Holden insignia in the grille too.

That SS belongs to a buddy of mine from my car club (Chicago Holden Connection). We are one big family here.

2 stunners.
Well done Louis, it looks gorgeous and tough at the same time. Like an angry wife in a negligee.
Why no SS badges on the rear doors?

You know, I never cared for the SS badges on the doors. I just think it looks cleaner without them.

Do you have the brand and specs for the spacers? Maybe even a link to where you got them? Cheers.

Dessy, I do have the link.

https://www.maverickmancarbon.com/c...-chevy-ss-sedan-oem-wheels-lifetime-warranity

I'm running the conservative spacers for the 2016/2017 SS. You can see my car pictured on the site. That was before I went darker on the tint. They are made specifically for the Commodore, and they are top quality! Of course, I purchased the raw ones and had mine painted before they offered the black version. The owner is a great guy and I can reach out to him if you have any questions.

Thank you all for the words!!! I'm extremely proud of my Holden. This is my fourth Holden since 2004 (had a CPM Monaro/an SBM VE/and a Red Hot VF1), and I don't plan on giving her up. Cheers!

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
Seen this car in Taylor's video. Looks amazing, nice work.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
This was the first car that I had professionally coated in Modesta. She has Modesta on the exterior, interior, brakes, wheels, wheel barrels, etc. There's also Xpel PPF over a majority of the car.

The Modesta is good stuff, one of our members here 426Cuda has it on his Motorsport Edition and it looks fantastic on it as well.

Yes, I completely agree! I posted pictures in the lowered thread when I first lowered the car. You can see how sunken in the wheels are. The spacers made them look so much tougher!

I'm going with the Avant Garde M632 wheels. Planning on running a 305 in the rear and a 255 up front. With those, I'll certainly have to cut the rear quarters.

The Avant Garde M632 should look good, it has some similarities in appearance to the HSV Pentagon rim from a few years back.

Avant Garde M632
s-l640.jpg

HSV Pentagon
0015678_hsv-pentagon-rear.png

OrangeBlastSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SS-V Redline
Seen this car in Taylor's video. Looks amazing, nice work.

Awesome! Thanks, brother!

Here's another video of my car when they did the Modesta and Xpel (before lowering and spacing).

The Modesta is good stuff, one of our members here 426Cuda has it on his Motorsport Edition and it looks fantastic on it as well.

The Avant Garde M632 should look good, it has some similarities in appearance to the HSV Pentagon rim from a few years back.

Avant Garde M632
s-l640.jpg

HSV Pentagon
0015678_hsv-pentagon-rear.png

Yes, I fell in love with those wheels. I first saw them in a TEKNO video and thought they were amazing. I'm going with a satin finish in dark gray. Trying to mimic the GTS-R look.