Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cherry black paint

Sam Barnes

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx s pac
Does anyone have any pictures of a commodore painted in cherry black I’m wanting to do it. But I just wanna see acouple more pictures before deciding an is the colour more red then black or is it black until certain angles of light hit it

Last edited:

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Does anyone have any pictures of a commodore painted in cherry black I’m wanting to do it. But I just wanna see acouple more pictures before deciding
Does this help? Its not my car. Just googled it.

Sam Barnes

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx s pac

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
You can't really appreciate the color and depth of stuff you look at on the internet unless the person who took the photo has color calibrated their camera, their computer screen and their printer... And even if they've done all that, it can still look crap on your computer screen or when you print it out because you haven't color calibrated your gear...

Color calibration is complex and time consuming task so most don't bother. And quality computer screens with a delta-e of less than 2 use to be rather expensive (but i haven't checked current quality screen prices so maybe it aint as bad these days)...

Best is to go to the paint shops where you will buy your paint and ask him where he has sold that color. Maybe he can put you in touch with a spray shop and/or vehicle owner who has used hat color and you may then be able to see it in the flesh, in daylight, at dusk... Just stay off the grog so your eyes are correctly calibrated :p

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67