Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

chev grill

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
####ing hell, the bloke asked for where to get them not for 50 people saying "It's not a chevy".

One person said it, that's enough. You guys are like those people who stand there repeatably pushing the buttons at a pedestrian crossing.

Only problem is mate.... one person saying it ISN'T enough. There's still silly buggers out there thinking it's 'cool' to do so.

Alright..... I'm only going to bother typing this out once and then in the future other folks interested in putting Chev (or any other) badge on their car, can do so with at least a little more information to consider before doing it. (hopefully they use Search and find it!)

As i understand it, the Melbourne plant makes 4 different V6's for export worldwide.... a 2.8L, 3.0L, 3.2L, and 3.6L.
They go to pretty much every continent on the planet, to car makers in Germany, China, South Africa, Mexico, and a stack of other places.
Some of these car makers are Opel, Saab, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet and some others too.

Does this mean you can put a Saab badge on the front of your Holden? Well yes.... nothings stopping you. Just commonsense. Plus, no one else is doing it.
But just because others are putting on different car maker badges onto their car, doesnt make it any more 'right'.
1000 fools who label their car a Chev, doesnt make it a Chev anymore than 1000 fools who label it a Saab.... or BMW, or Ferrari.
They just look silly.

And this is why these threads always turn into a yay/nay discussion on why you 'shouldn't. Because it's silly to badge a car in a different make, regardless of any similarities with 'some' of it's components.
Maybe I'll put a Merc emblem on the front of the beast.... or better yet Jag or Rolls Royce :idea:

Or maybe not. I dont want to look like a fool ;).
This isnt like putting on a body kit or making your car more of a custom look. This is like putting a "turbo" sticker on an NA car... false advertising and blatently obvious to anyone reading it.

Anyway, enough said. If people still want to do it- fine. But least you know why people are laughing at you next time :).

/end rant (i'll never comment on rebadging a car ever again :))

rusty411

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series II Sv6 3.6L ute
Only problem is mate.... one person saying it ISN'T enough. There's still silly buggers out there thinking it's 'cool' to do so.

Alright..... I'm only going to bother typing this out once and then in the future other folks interested in putting Chev (or any other) badge on their car, can do so with at least a little more information to consider before doing it. (hopefully they use Search and find it!)

As i understand it, the Melbourne plant makes 4 different V6's for export worldwide.... a 2.8L, 3.0L, 3.2L, and 3.6L.
They go to pretty much every continent on the planet, to car makers in Germany, China, South Africa, Mexico, and a stack of other places.
Some of these car makers are Opel, Saab, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet and some others too.

Does this mean you can put a Saab badge on the front of your Holden? Well yes.... nothings stopping you. Just commonsense. Plus, no one else is doing it.
But just because others are putting on different car maker badges onto their car, doesnt make it any more 'right'.
1000 fools who label their car a Chev, doesnt make it a Chev anymore than 1000 fools who label it a Saab.... or BMW, or Ferrari.
They just look silly.

And this is why these threads always turn into a yay/nay discussion on why you 'shouldn't. Because it's silly to badge a car in a different make, regardless of any similarities with 'some' of it's components.
Maybe I'll put a Merc emblem on the front of the beast.... or better yet Jag or Rolls Royce :idea:

Or maybe not. I dont want to look like a fool ;).
This isnt like putting on a body kit or making your car more of a custom look. This is like putting a "turbo" sticker on an NA car... false advertising and blatently obvious to anyone reading it.

Anyway, enough said. If people still want to do it- fine. But least you know why people are laughing at you next time :).

/end rant (i'll never comment on rebadging a car ever again :))

well said lol, very detailed might sway a few people haha

V8s and beer

Everything else is trivia
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 R8 Clubsport LSA Tourer #0035
Yes, well said UFO...I mean, I always thought it was rather stupid, but where does it stop?? While driving to work on Stoney Creek rd Bexley the other day, I spy a complete tool in a Holden Rodeo sporting gold Chev badges front and rear. I only wish I was selling these things. A tools money is as good as any....

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
People need to understand that not everyone has Chev badges on their car to say their car is a Chev. Yes, I believe majority of people have them to look cool and for the cool factor though. I have them on my car but I know my car's a Holden and I have them instead of the Holden badges as they suit the look of the car better. I've got them colour coded to the car so they match in with the black on black theme I'm going with.

Many people tell me they look gay and I'm a traitor and not being 'loyal' etc etc, but in all honesty I couldn't give a toss. I like how they look and that's all that matters to me. I'm not one to lose sleep over people having a different opinion to me.

loku16

Reaction score
Website
www.addicted2fish.com.au
Members Ride
2010 VE SS-V Wagon
The fact is that these cars are sold overseas just rebadged with the chev badge. There was an article in the age some months back saying that a holden 4wd will be sold here with the Chev badge. All Holden dealers are selling them as accessories and even asking customers whether they want to put them when they buy the cars! So if the offer stems from the manufacturer, why shouldn't someone take that option? Don't forget that there are plenty of cars with the G8 front going around. Were they meant for Aus market? No. They removed the pontiac badging before being sold here but people still had the option of keeping the pontiac badge.

you guys need to get a fricken life and respect what people want to do with their own cars. comment if asked for your opinon don't give it when it's not wanted.

These forums are fantastic and it's a real pity when comments such as those above are made for just asking where to get a chev grille and calling people names is absolutely bullshit

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
i have a blue chev badge with a silver circle surrounding it.. not because i think im full hectic but because i have blue monaro speedo dials and im getting the blue led conversion done... so its more colour coding then being full hectic. and blue's my favourite colour so i thought why not.

find me a blue holden badge and i will take my chev badges off =D

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
find me a blue holden badge and i will take my chev badges off =D

Could always sand back the holden badge and respray it blue.....just a thought :)

seanssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 6spd man with WP power pack
Each to their own but I prefer Holden badges.