Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chevrolet SS NASCAR revealed: 2013 VF Commodore in US race car mode

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Those photos look better than the NASCAR thingo but I still think the front end is boring and bland and won't do much to raise Commodore sales levels. I agree with Reaper though that it needs to be seen in the metal before making final judgement. I just hope Holden fiddles with that bloody grille - it looks like crap. (and not just because of the Chev badge)

Holden grille will be slightly different but not sure which way they will go. There is a chance it'll look like the cruze with the split band but I doubt it. My tip would be that opening shadow with a shiny lion in the middle.

Reaper

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
The ute version should look alright too, but I hope they don't just graft the new front to the old VE tray.
I'd like to see the whole lot restyled.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
The ute version should look alright too, but I hope they don't just graft the new front to the old VE tray.
I'd like to see the whole lot restyled.

Prepare for disappointment. It'd get new tail lights at the most (doubtful)

Reaper

Aussie V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E 308/T350. 1989 FJ75 Toyota Troopcarrier
Traditionally Holden kept the old tail lights, even from previous body shapes sometimes, in the ute. I doubt the ute will be changed much.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
those newer renders dont look too bad.
however i doubt the roofline would sweep quite like that.
but i have already been proven wrong today so theres a good chance i could be totally wrong.
however itll probably be the same as the VE in the middle (will save on all presses and so forth) unless its very minor in difference.

i dont mind the look.
not my favourite of all time but it is different.

wouldnt mind seeing it without that bit at the bottom of the headlight with a bump in it. so more straight.
would suit it a bit more in my opinion.

also i wouldnt go off the nascar body shape.
however the lights (although fake) and grilles (mainly fake) would be the road going versions.
same as all other nascar designs you see.

also if you look at most of the american versions which are also in Aus, itll be slightly different.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Traditionally Holden kept the old tail lights, even from previous body shapes sometimes, in the ute. I doubt the ute will be changed much.

Which?? I can think of plenty of carry over from face lifts but never from a clean sheet new body.

those newer renders dont look too bad.
however i doubt the roofline would sweep quite like that.
but i have already been proven wrong today so theres a good chance i could be totally wrong.
however itll probably be the same as the VE in the middle (will save on all presses and so forth) unless its very minor in difference.

i dont mind the look.
not my favourite of all time but it is different.

wouldnt mind seeing it without that bit at the bottom of the headlight with a bump in it. so more straight.
would suit it a bit more in my opinion.

also i wouldnt go off the nascar body shape.
however the lights (although fake) and grilles (mainly fake) would be the road going versions.
same as all other nascar designs you see.

also if you look at most of the american versions which are also in Aus, itll be slightly different.

The roof and A,B,C pillar door shuts will all carry over. Door skins may vary slightly although I'm not convinced on that. My gut feel is the scoop will fade out before the door a-la HSV. There is a crease at the right point in the current door that will let the scoop appear to carry on down the car longer than it actually does. Speculation only on that bit. The NASCAR body is not a pointer what so ever however the decals etc are.

Reaper

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Which?? I can think of plenty of carry over from face lifts but never from a clean sheet new body.

Reaper

Reap

Think back to the FB. Clean sheet new body with FC taillight carried over in the ute.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Reap

Think back to the FB. Clean sheet new body with FC taillight carried over in the ute.

FFS - How old do you think I am???

Reaper

Aussie V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E 308/T350. 1989 FJ75 Toyota Troopcarrier

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
FFS - How old do you think I am???

Reaper

You don't need to be old enough to remember them. Just be mindful when you make a statement - there will always be some picky bastard out there (like me) to contradict you :). (and you DID ask the question, after all). It was just an example of the one time they DID carry over.

Well off the thread. Let's re-focus on what matters.