Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chevrolet SS NASCAR revealed: 2013 VF Commodore in US race car mode

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
More renders doing the rounds of what the road going sedan will be:
Doesn't look to bad , still better looking than a FG Falcon :rofl2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
the only commodores I have disliked on release have been the vy (mainly just because of the little light in the headlights haha) and the VE, but the VE shape grew on me obviously haha..... i don't mind the look of this commodore, will I own one? 99% no but I'll still enjoy seeing them on the road.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Oh giddy up...looks like I may be back in a holden next model for sure...that looks so much more refined than the bulky looking VE.

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
motor magazine did a render on friday and in the afternoon posted this picture and if it looks like current renders I can say i will be wanting to upgrade to a vf in the future

vfrender.jpg

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Those photos look better than the NASCAR thingo but I still think the front end is boring and bland and won't do much to raise Commodore sales levels. I agree with Reaper though that it needs to be seen in the metal before making final judgement. I just hope Holden fiddles with that bloody grille - it looks like crap. (and not just because of the Chev badge)

+1 one to this. Reminds me of an Aurion or a 380, bland and boring. Nothing super ugly or controversial, nothing adventurous, just middle of the road in every respect. Fleet buyers will love them.

It has no hook for me. Nothing to catch my eye.

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Might be the angle but I think I prefer the render of the Chevy.
Stylistically there's too much going on with the SS Commodore one (and it looks like they used the grill from a VY).

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I don't understand why GM products have to look so average and unexceptional these days, with the possible exception of Opel. Hyundai is a good example of a mass market manufacturer who is adventurous with their styling and it bears fruit with their sales figures. The VF was an opportunity to be a bit more novel and daring but it looks like it will just be "another Commodore", which is unfortunate given the state of Commodore sales. I don't dislike the looks of that one in Motor magazine, but it relies on effective colours to set it off and is still an artist's impression rather than fact at this time. At least it looks a damned sight better than those plug ugly NASCAR things at the top of this thread.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
It wouldn't take a huge lot of creativity to make their car stand out of the pack. The new styling appears to me to be even blander than the current offerings..

The current competition are all as bland and uninteresting as each other. These are the basic choices in large family cars from 32K to 41K

The cheapest is the Civic at 32K. The most expensive are the Commodore and Hyundai at 40K and the Commodore wagon at 42K.

The Commodore wagon wins for me, but probably because it's the only one that looks any different to the others really. Both of the Skodas (now a VW company) look a little different too, not bad.

Something a little adventurous styling wise was desperately needed for the new car, but they blew it again.

largecars.jpg

2013chevroletsssilver.jpg

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I'd buy this :D but I am concerned about the turning circle. I suspect a major topic in the forums will be 'the front wheel arch mod'..

TheHomer.jpg