Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chevy badges ‘on my new car’ what’s the go?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
the pontiac is a little harder due to the modified grille and bonnet but yes this is a thing!

Just remove the Pontiac badge then same as Aus delivered LE Pontiac front.

Grande316

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega Ute
My VE ute had a Chev grille on it. Bought a 2nd hand Holden grille before I bought the ute.

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
My recent SS purchase came with the cringeworthy Chev badge front and rear. Promptly brought a genuine Lion badge for the rear and found some sucker willing to swap a genuine Lion grill for the Chev item! Good old Gumtree.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I had a mate who reckoned he had a Chev ute going back 15 years ago. I told him it was rebadged Holden but he reckoned otherwise and there was no convincing him.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Chev currently only make 2 performance cars out of 18 eco, soccer mum or 4x4 mobiles. Americans are right to laugh at us thinking chev represents the best of US muscle. Maybe if it were the 70s.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I doubt they laugh at us. Where was the domestic equivalent of the Chevrolets Ss while the VF was exported there? It received great reviews in the States but the United Auto unions prevented it being sold there in greater numbers and Chevrolets apparently did a poor promotional job because numbers were restricted.

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
I like when they put the chev badge on the v6. Kinda like putting an m badge on the blisteringly quick 318i or amg badge on the lowly 180c merc.

I don’t thing Great Wall have a performance aftermarket badge as yet so nothing to aspire to with those utes.

HSVBMW

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh vn vt
Lets not forget,every dore n stato exported to the middle east from VT onwards was a Chevy. Commodore was the Chevy lumina if i remember correctly, v6 and v8. And of course Vauxhall for all UK exports. But yeah,bowties on a Holden is cancer. I do love how both brits and yanks love the cars and all mostly convert their cars back to Holden spec badges and parts.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I like when they put the chev badge on the v6.

Hmm now that's an idea when I go to sell the VR ute. I can tell a potential buyer it's one of the rare V6 Chev's.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The odd thing is that in the days when Holdens had proper Chev small blocks, we didn't rip off the lions and replace them with bow ties. Just knowing what was under bonnet was good enough. They were Holdens and we were proud of the fact.

Slightly deviation, but the HK? with the 327 had an emblem underneath the 327 number...To me, it looks like a bowtie...The same with the HQ 350 badge, I think...Would you say the same?