Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chip, Cam And Diff Gear

M

micheledip

I got a VR 5.0 and i am looking at getting a stage three chip and cam package (crow cam), as well as changing the diff gears to 3:45 or 3:7 i not sure yet.

I was wounding if anyone can tell me what kind of improvements this give you

power and 1/4 mile times?

Also what diff gear should i use??

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Crow Stage III Cam,Chip, Twin HSV System, CAI and a K&N Panel filter in my old 185kw VS SS made 211rwhp or in the new stuff 158rwkws, I should have the dyno sheet somewhere.

With LSD, shitty tyres and the stocko 3.08:1 ratio it would have been good for high 13's to flat 14's.

Hope that helps a bit

Jake

M

micheledip

Ok thanks for the help man and was the idle rough?

To drive aroud the cam wasnt to high?

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
The idle was lumpy but I wouldn't say it was rough, very streetable in my opinion even more so than the cammed V6's I've seen and driven.

Cheers

Jake

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Keep us up to date whatever you decide to do, we need a lumpy 304 around the forums

Cheers

Jake

M

micheledip

Where did u get your done ??

What is the price range ?

Did you get roller rockets ??

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
1). Fitted it myself with the help of a mechanic
2). Around $2000 fitted I'd guess
3). No but roller rockers really improve things if the valve springs arent quite as tight as they once were. Cheaper option is just some new valve springs, being a VR, I'm sure the 304 is in pretty good condition. These motors arent even run in until 150,000klms Something I've always said, they're a great Aussie motor.

Jake

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
QUOTE Crow Stage III Cam,Chip, Twin HSV System, CAI and a K&N Panel filter in my old 185kw VS SS made 211rwhp or in the new stuff 158rwkws, I should have the dyno sheet somewhere.

As above