Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Choices, Cohices, Choices!

C

Cawinkadink

Alright, after posting in the VN section, I am now divided. What car should I get. You guy's, I hope, can give me some advice.

Budget - Anywhere between $2000 - $5000'ish
Car - Holden. Gotta be holden. And a commodore.
Year - Early 1990's.
Other - I just want it to be reliable, fuel efficient, not costly, not breaking down every day. Obviously just a good looking, nice reliable car, that I can look back one day and say, fuck yeh, I had that car!

Shivaga

Reaction score
Website
www.bhss.com.au
Members Ride
'05 VZ Lumina 3.6V6
so what are you looking for...us to find adds and give them to you, or recomend a model to you, or do you want us to ask all our mates and see what they know...i'm confused!

J

Jamie W

I'd get a VR for 5 G's, or try get a VN Calais for around 3G's an put the other 2 G's into doing up the car slightly.

C

Cawinkadink

I want suggestions for a car, not an action ad. Sorry for not being more clearer.

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
clean up your thread before a mod does

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
hmm must have missed something... anyway...

We recently picked up a VR Calais for only $3500- leather interior too :), runs sweet, haven't had any major dramas with it ( the radio only worked on am frequency and one of the power window switches was stuffed thats about it). Anyway if you can find something like that I'd go for it, calais' are always nice cos they have the little 'luxuries' that the execs don't have.

C

chad_22

I bought a vr berlina bout 2 years ago for $6000. i reckon i payed way too much for the one i bought as its a pretty ugly colour and the shady guy that sold it to me hadnt taken much care with it, but looking back i dont mind too much cause it hasnt given me any major probs. Iv just given it my own services and in that time all iv had to replace was a battery and a heat tap that had corroded for $30 and to be honest iv thrown it around a bit myself.
Looks like a bit of a grandad mobile with these bloody ugly wheels but it goes well and is easy to work on.
you could pbly get a nice clean vr for around 4-5g and spend the other grand puttin a set of wheels on. Standard speaker system in the berlina is pretty good as well. upgraded the deck to a kenwood and its even better still with factory speakers.
go the vr.