Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Choosing the right transmission for a VK 308?

Bookanun

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am currently doing up a VK with a 308 in it, and would like to put an auto in it. I would like it to tough as i will be doing the odd bit of dragging, so a stage 2 would be good. It has a Trimatic bolt pattern, so if it were to be a Turbo type it would need an adapter. Do the adapter plates withstand alot? Or should I go the trimatic? If so, what is needed to be changed in order for it? I have put the auto pedals in, I have put the right shifter it and centre console in. What actually make sit shift down when accelerating etc?

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks guys

EVL253

i hate cops!
Reaction score
Members Ride
cranky black VB SLE
they shift down usually using the vacuum line u run to ur engine.but bi caemd trimatics hav problems with this and they usually convert em to full manual. tritragic can be built to handle 450HP at least.some been known to take 600 in VL turbo's

for big grunt ur best of steering clear of an adaptor plate.if ur deadset on a turbo box get ur block redrilled to suit