Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Choosing window tint

Nomz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore International MY10
Hi guys i am getting a nichrome international, and trying to work out tinting.
i dont want anything illiegal or anything that might void my car warranty.
im interested in ur opinions:
is there a "type" (reflective, silverish, neither of these) that would look better with the silver car?
how does cost relate to these options?
if anyone know of any good tint places east of melb can u also reccomend these.
cheers all
N.
ps im also gathering from reading old forums that paint protection is not worthwhile. deciding not to order this iwth the new car but if anyone disagrees please share ur opinion!
and im Also gathering that the wisdom of using brush free auto car washes is debatable.

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
(Just my opinion) but plain old black tint on a silver car looks best.

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
Yep, good old black would look lot better than silver tint. I'm not too sure on the legalities of silver tint, but obviously 0% mirror tint is illegal :p

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
I am in the same boat as you - will follow this thread

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
Just go the darkest legal that they will let you have. And go for black, don't go for silver/chrome. It looks very tacky. I've seen an xr6 silver in colour with that chrome tint, looked horrible.

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
definitely get black. i was told that if you go one more darker than darkest legal the cops machines can't pick up on it? i would have gone a little bit darker than legal if my ute didn't come with it done.

in regards to the paint protection, i haven't read any other threads so i dont know what other people have said. but i just got it put on mine. i've only had my car for a month so i dont know the extent of it but so far its great. they got some new technology out this year i think where they pretty much apply a glass layer over your paint?
plus if anything happens to it its got a life time warranty. if any bird crap or anything gets through it they will re paint the panel, same as if scratches start to appear on it.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I'd definitely go black regardless of legalities. Always looks better. Metalised tint too, for the record!

And definitely don't bother with paint protection. Absolute rip off!

When you get your car, either take it to a detailer (not carwash cafe), or, wash it, clay it, chemical cleanse it, then check it out - if it's still full of swirls (probably will be) you'll need to do some paint correction. Use a good polish (emphasis on good - not necessarily the most expensive though), then top with a few coats of sealant. Will make silver look sharp!