Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

chris' VS ute

crack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S V6 manual ute
slayr said:
that looks beaut!! may i ask what springs you are running. as i am lowering my ute, and that looks the perfect height!

i originally had KHFL-47SSL in the front and KHPR-20SL in the back.
KHPR-20SL were about an inch higher than i would have liked so i took the ute to Pedders. they put their lowest vs ute springs in and it dropped about half an inch. this wasn't enough so they put their lowest vl sedan springs in and it dropped it about an inch so i was happy.

if i was you i would just take the ute to Pedders and they could just mix & match the springs until you get the desired ride height.

crack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S V6 manual ute
EcotecManiac said:
not a bad lookin ute, mate....i feel sorry for ya though livin at parkside...:whistling we might be able to do a trade with some of my polished engine parts, chris!

I'm thankful to be living in Parkside accommodation after having previously lived in Irish Club accommodation. That place ****en sucked!

mmm... polished parts... sounds good

VRFURY

Just Nic
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Berlina International Sportswagon
looking good, nice ride

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
crack said:
I'm thankful to be living in Parkside accommodation after having previously lived in Irish Club accommodation. That place ****en sucked!
touche'.....a bit like everything that has anything to do with the irish club...pretty sh*t.....you only go out there because it's the only thing open!

AGRO_38

Formerly SLAYR
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VS UTE
crack said:
i originally had KHFL-47SSL in the front and KHPR-20SL in the back.
KHPR-20SL were about an inch higher than i would have liked so i took the ute to Pedders. they put their lowest vs ute springs in and it dropped about half an inch. this wasn't enough so they put their lowest vl sedan springs in and it dropped it about an inch so i was happy.

if i was you i would just take the ute to Pedders and they could just mix & match the springs until you get the desired ride height.

thanks for that. yeah i took it to pedders and i wasnt happy with the lowest ute springs? they didnt say anything about mixing them. so vl sedan springs for rear or front as well? thanks mate

crack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S V6 manual ute
-------------- bit of an update --------------

decided i'd put together a bit of a turbo kit for myself, been very challenging so far as i've never really had much to do with turbos except getting blown away by them every time i'm at the traffic lights

hoping to double the utes power once it gets tuned, i have 160rwhp atm and because i don't drive the thing that much it feels fast with only 160rwhp lol. i also want to get right into the 12s in the quarter mile in street trim but i think that will be a while and a lot of fine tuning away

CopyofIMG_0185copy.jpg

18092007391copy.jpg

CopyofIMG_0191copy.jpg

NewPicture.jpg

NewPicture1.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

and the number plates to go with it...

BlackWhiteSlimlineNoSeperator55KLR.gif

JT090

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
WAA WAA WEE WAA, very nice for me a young vs ute owner myself it gives me something to aspire too! love your work

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Looking good mate. Will be good to see when it's all together.

crack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S V6 manual ute
today's progress...

not much really. bought some steam pipe for the manifolds and some exhaust tube for the dump pipe

mounted the gauges in the centre consol. the mounting process went very smoothly but the end result wasn't as good as i had hoped. i'm not emo though so i'll get over it. btw, i'm painting the autometer gauge black like the eboost2. also i'm yet to remove the niko pen marks off the front of the plastic panel.

the number plates arrived today as well. they are top notch. i'm not putting them on the ute until it is boosted though. notice i got the mini number plate as well. only cost $20 so i thought why not.

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg