Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Christinkler13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Calais
Model: 2005 VZ Calais
Color: Vespers Blue
Transmission: 5 Speed Auto
Odo: 180xxx

Current Mods:
- None!

Future Mods:
- Extractors back exhaust system (2 1/4's the way to go isn't it?)
- 2 hole mod with MCAI
- Possibly change the stock Calais rims to 18" SSV rims
- Interior light changes
- Intake manifold insulators
- Sway bars?

Little Things:
- Fixed center console compartment and rear compartment
- New filters, oil and oil flush. Included new sump plug because the other was ####ed. Almost had to cut it off it was that bad.
- New coolant and coolant cap, spring type :/

ror8.jpg

faz6.jpg

6akj.jpg

cpsz.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:

Josh1996

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz calais
Looks nice man more pics? I just bought my self a vz calais recently as we'll except in silver

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ, LN167 Turbo Hilux, VSII Ute
Love the look of the Vespers Blue Calais. I recently picked up a Vespers Ececutive and thinking of doing a Calais conversion on it. Look forward to seeing more pics mate.

Christinkler13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Calais
Looks nice man more pics? I just bought my self a vz calais recently as we'll except in silver

Love the look of the Vespers Blue Calais. I recently picked up a Vespers Ececutive and thinking of doing a Calais conversion on it. Look forward to seeing more pics mate.

Thanks boys, love the blue mate one of the reasons I was interested in the car.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

Today was fairly eventful, lets recap:

1. Decided to check the Seat memory module for lose connections as so why sometimes the the buttons don't work. Found the buttons full of hair and **** gave them a good clean out and they actuate much better. Happy!
2. Put an FM transmitter in as a temp option for AUX, surprised the that quality really isn't that bad, happy with that too.
3. Pull the air box out and marked out the holes ready for the cuts and the MCAI
4. Fixed the glove box mounting plastic clips and put some new rubber stoppers in, sits much nicer now and closes properly.

More Pictures as requested:

ux3u.jpg

nmrh.jpg

h5xl.jpg

v9mu.jpg

k7ve.jpg

sl54.jpg

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
looks nice. good to see that your mobile phone holder still has a working lid - just about every vy/vz calais/statesman/caprice I have seen in person - including my WK has had a broken clip on the lid of that compartment. I have a blank tray insert to replace it with but I haven't got around to pulling the console up to swap it over.

I found my seat switches gunked up with hair too, I just took the plastic shroud off and cleaned it. I'm guessing the motors and tracks under there are just as bad but I've yet to get down there and look underneath.

I looked at a vz calais myself when I was looking for a car recently, but I could just not say no to the legroom and cabin size that the statesman has. that and the LS1. that thing is delicious.

Christinkler13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Calais
looks nice. good to see that your mobile phone holder still has a working lid - just about every vy/vz calais/statesman/caprice I have seen in person - including my WK has had a broken clip on the lid of that compartment. I have a blank tray insert to replace it with but I haven't got around to pulling the console up to swap it over.

I found my seat switches gunked up with hair too, I just took the plastic shroud off and cleaned it. I'm guessing the motors and tracks under there are just as bad but I've yet to get down there and look underneath.

I looked at a vz calais myself when I was looking for a car recently, but I could just not say no to the legroom and cabin size that the statesman has. that and the LS1. that thing is delicious.

Haha nah don't worry mines broken too, took on side of the springs out and it operates as a semi automatic thing. Push the edge just slight;y and it will open. Yeah i gave the tracks a bit of a clean and lubed them up and the motor seems to be quiter know as if a load has been taken off it. But it was just a full nest of hair down there. Crazy! If only, statesman's are amazing. Jealous/10

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
what did you use to lube the tracks? just a sillicone spray or graphite powder? mine are pretty smooth but they are still a little noisy.

statesmans are amazing, I own 2 of them.

Christinkler13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Calais
what did you use to lube the tracks? just a sillicone spray or graphite powder? mine are pretty smooth but they are still a little noisy.

statesmans are amazing, I own 2 of them.

Cleaned the tracks then put a bit of graphite power along them ran the seats back a forth up and down, cleaned it all off again then repeated the process. Graphite powder was all i could find I'm sure any lubricant would work fine. The motors now have less of a whine, though cleaning the tracks and the motors probably fixed it the most. yet again, jealous/10

Christinkler13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Calais
Update 3/10/13:

Managed to do the 2 Hole mod today which was a bit of fun! stuffed up a few times but that's all part of learning, i haven't been able to go for a drive yet to see if it sounds any different. Didn't take any photos while i was making it :/ but will put some up tonight of the final product. I didn't flange the edges of the pipe due to me burning the PVC the first time :(

Also lifted up the passenger seat today to find even more hair, golf balls and parking tickets and gave the tracks a good clean and lubricated them.

Eventful day for me!

Christinkler13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Calais
Update 7/10/13

1. After reviewing my 2 hole mod i decided to re-cut the PVC to get a better finish, and a bit longer of a pipe. Still the added pipe was a little lose to just be sitting in there so I sealed it up along with the main tube with some Black Silicone which worked very nicely.
Made sure to leave the box out of the car and away from the MAF when it was setting, apparently the chemicals some silicons release can be harmful to engine components. ( Probably bullshit )
Took the car for a good spin after and I love the slightly louder induction noise you get, cant say much for power however but it did feel a little different in response.

2. Listed my spare set of wheels on ebay, had plans to restore the wheels and sell them as a brand new looking set however things have changed and I'm a little bit more busy then I though. :/

Here's a few photos of the damage:

9uj2.jpg

vuje.jpg

fjpk.jpg

3. Thought I would share some experiences, called out roadside assist to have a look at my battery to see why the car wouldn't start etc. The car was also throwing ABS fault errors and Rear light bulb failures left right and center. The battery wasnt being charged by the alternator so it looking like that might of been the culprite. However it turned out to be a much, much easier fix. The guy disconnected the terminals and noticed straight away how the negative on the battery was slightly loose. I didnt think much of it due to that fact it was still tight, took a little bit of force to move it but he tighten it up tight after giving it a clean and there you have it. Problems solved all because of a little loose connection. Big sigh of relief.

Thats all for now

Last edited: