Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chrisso's 1979 VB commodore!!!!!!!!!!

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
car looks good mate.

chrisso 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB commodore
Hey thanks guys for the positive feedback really appreciate it!!!!!!!!!

Well i thought i might do some more work on the old beast today,,, I have 2 pairs of front seats in the shed SLE ones and the standard ones ..The standard seats are ripped and torn... but the head rests are good !!!!! So i took out the head rests and made them to fit the rear bench seat like the SLE ones !!!!!!!

Here are some pics
!!!!!!

This is before the head rests being fitted!!!!
30aprilll054.jpg

30aprilll049.jpg

What i did is found some 12mm tube and welded a flange washer to the top of it!!!!! Then pushed it down through the seat and tie wired it off to the seat frame!!!!!
30aprilll050.jpg

30aprilll051.jpg

30aprilll052.jpg

30aprilll056.jpg

Here is the end result once they are covered in black suede it should look good!!!!!!
30aprilll055.jpg

I Think it looks a lot better now fills the rear window up better...!!!!!!!!!
30aprilll058.jpg

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
:p you're gonna run out of room to look behind yourself soon chris haha

chrisso 82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB commodore
Hey guys had some trouble with the old VB over the weekend .... I decided to take it for a run with the new exhaust and as i was driving planted my foot and it ran like a piece of **** !!!!! I parked it in the garage and popped the bonnet to find out that the FUEL pump has **** itself ????(is this common)?????..... mechanical pump.. I noticed that the pump was leaking oil and my glass filter had bugger all fuel in it while it was running and also removed the oil stick and found fuel (smell)in the sump.....

Went down to AUTOBARN on the public holiday(yesterday) and purchased a new pump $100 dollars later!!!!! I then fitted the new pump and could not try it out as it was getting to dark ... Also had to drop all the oil and replace it with new stuff...

But i went for a spin this afternoon and DAM it has some grunt now ... goes awesome really surprised at how well it went.... I think the pump has been playing up for awhile !!!

Are mechanical fuel pumps known to fail??????????

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Mine failed on my vk, a few months after we got it...still had the stock unit on it.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
Are mechanical fuel pumps known to fail??????????

yep. especially if they have spent a time sitting with no fuel in them.

i didnt realise with mine that the stock intank pump was only 3 psi and was running just with that (no mechanical) for over a year. when i finally fitted a carter electric was like adding a shot of NOS :)