Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

christmas dramas - Any ideas how I can disable the immobiliser?

gusto45

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Exec
I have a holden commodore vn wagon I think it's 1990 model, had an immobiliser fitted about 6 years ago. Just stopped working yesterday, so I cant start the car. Battery seems fine, headlights and interior light work fine. Dash lights don't come on when I turn the key. :hmmm:

Under the steering column there is a red push button switch. The red light for the immobiliser under the aircon controls still flashes. I don't have the override code anymore. The receiver is a small plastic window next to the ignition key switch. The 'transponder' (i think it's called) is a small black plastic stick about 4-5 cm long with Daewoo written on the side which I have hanging on my keyring...

Does anyone have any ideas? I'd be happy to disable it or override the immobiliser permanently I don't really need it. I have some experience with electrics (i put in the stereo) and soldering etc.. I can also take some pics if it's helpful. Would be great to get this thing disabled so I can start her up again!!

(p.s. if it's not ok to post answers here for this, if anyone could please pm me any tips, it's just i was planning to drive to my family for chrissy but now I don't know if I can! thanks again!)

Cheers v. much for any help!

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Hmmm....3 posts.....with a join date of 2005.....you have been very active haven't you....

No one is going to tell you how to disable an immobilisor on a public forum, by PM or otherwise. My advice would be to either ask an auto sparky, or look at it and work it out for yourself.

gusto45

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Exec
no I haven't been very active, last time I posted was when I was probably installing my stereo several years ago. There have been other posts on here about disabling other immobilisers with people being very helpful. As it is christmas eve I am having a difficult time finding a sparky that can help me, otherwise I would have done that. Please imagine yourself in my position, this is a genuine case of someone in need of urgent help!!

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
you need to trace the wiring for the immobiliser and re-join the circuits that were cut, most likely will be ignition and start wires from the ignition barrel.

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
do you have a key lock in the door or in the glove box?

gusto45

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Exec
thanks very much for your replies, i managed to locate and pull out the immobiliser, its a zylux zvs-140, i opened it and looking at the circuit board i bridged the two relays on the board, i was able to start the car but it turned off after 10 seconds, and each time i tried to start it the motor stayed on for less and less time...i thought maybe the fuel pump is also being blocked But the immobiliser is only able to control 2 circuits, so seemed pretty wierd....there are a few wires i havent figured out so perhaps 2 of them goto the fuel pump, seeing as i can start it do you think my ideas about the fuel pump could be right?? Thanks again for any tips...