Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

chrome a plastic grill?

Moff

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Calais II 5.7 HBD....Ve Sportswagon 60th
hey guys i want to get my 4x4 pajero grill chromed it is a all black plastic....I dont want it painted...so where could i take it to get it chromed?? powder coated? what options do i have cheers.....:wax:

love the general

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute daily hj gts project
have a look on ebay a lot of the time theres things like that on there for pretty good prices i got one for my cruiser and i'm happy with it

Moff

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeh iv been looking for ages and cant find any thats why i wanted to know how to get it chromed ....cheers:thumbsup:

Maci

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Holden Statesman
I remember seeing something on TV a while ago, they can do it, plastic can be chromed, without getting into details i know you can,
Google - its your friend ;)

love the general

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute daily hj gts project
you can get spray on chrome at most auto places as well never tried it so can'ttell ya what its like

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Go to a electro plater, most ppl have the stuff to chrome plastic these days, my dad was doin it bout 10yr ago, even copper plated a ostrich egg

Moff

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeh thanks but that chrome paint is **** its nutho=ing like chrome at all..... and why did your dad copper plate an egg? lol :yeah:

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Where abouts are you at Moff??

Theres a place in sydney, not 100% sure where abouts, look it up in the yellow pages, or like its been said google.. just type in plastic crome - ing/ers...

I was looking to getting some of my interior done a few weeks back, but the guys wanted to see it, or me to take a photo of it with something like a coke can, so they could see how big it is.. but I CBF doing it, so ehh!!

Definately possible, most likely not cheap, but it will look sweet... That crome spray paint looks like ass, may as well just get a bright silver can, its about the same - but half the price...

BenW

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy sv6
Hi Guys new here. My mate got his old Monaro dashboard done by a fellow called Mark Goode, he cleans up the parts and gets them vacuum metalised somewhere in seaford. I think he's even done fiberglass bumpers to look like chrome. Will find out his number if you want me too.
Ben