Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chrome - How long will it last?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Just wondering how long decent chrome wheels will stay nice and shiney for?

Provided I dont use anything harsh to clean the wheels with etc. how long before it starts to dull?

A wheel store the other day told me to only get triple plated chrome wheels, and that wheels such as those in the ROH chrome series are a waste of money as they wont last?

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
it takes a long time for chrome to dull off..... clean them regularly and use window clearer or something of the sort and they stay like new.... :thumbsup:

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
VKStevo said:
is polish alright for rims?

ive always been told never to use products (like a polish or wheel cleaner,etc.) on rims, especially chrome ones.
simple car wash (just whatever your using on the rest of the car) is all you need to clean rims.
my brother once used a spray-on wheel cleaner on his factory alloys and it left a "fog" behind and now they are stuffed, they dont have any shine now and they always look dusty.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
sircruisealotVS said:
ive always been told never to use products (like a polish or wheel cleaner,etc.) on rims, especially chrome ones.
simple car wash (just whatever your using on the rest of the car) is all you need to clean rims.
my brother once used a spray-on wheel cleaner on his factory alloys and it left a "fog" behind and now they are stuffed, they dont have any shine now and they always look dusty.

Yeah i've heard the same thing... It says in a few wheel catalogues I have to only use the same stuff you use to clean your car, not to use polish or wheel cleaner on chrome rims..

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
sircruisealotVS said:
hmm i definately dont want that, although ive only got shadow chrome, effect shouldnt be so bad but im not gonna risk it