Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chrome trim around front + rear windows

Unbreakable

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 VH SL
Hey all, just got a quick question about the chrome trim around the front and rear windows mine is all faded away and looks like crap so I've just ordered a set front and rear, just wondering i was told i might need a special tool to get the new strip in is this true? if so what kind of tool will i need if not what's the best way of getting the new strip in?

Cheers guys! :)

clutch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, R33 GTST
are you talking about the sle trim? or the slx/sl trim? the sle trim doesnt fade since its aluminium, if you're talking about the thinner stuff then yes it fades, you can get away with no tool, i recommend lots of wd40 and a good technique/home made tool.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
I used a small flat bladed screwdriver, and mechanics gloves to protect hands (had a tendency to slip about and stab myself, end of screwdriver also slipped about in hand). Insert one side and work the other side in an inch at a time. Is a bit fiddly. GMH did have special tool that looks like a blunt flat bladed screwdriver, but it is no longer available.

Unbreakable

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 VH SL
Yeah mate just the SL trim, thanks for the info should be able to tackle this one myself cheers guys :)