Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chrome window surounds

eh2o

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
im looking at getting the crome window surround putr on the car, can i just get these from a wreaker? are the easy enough to put on and remove?

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Yeah find a Calais wreck unscrew the surrounds n bolt em onto urs....easy job.....
But u can cut the paint with sum paint stripper n polish the exsiting onse n they com up like showdow chrome....
There is a thread round that show b4 n after....I think they look better than calais chrome surrounds....
have a search n u will find it.....Its not that old..

Crombie87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ex-Police Commodore Wagon
You should be able to get the from a wreckers how ever you may have to look around for them (popular Item) if all else fails you may try holden but expensive. To install them its just a matter of unsrewing them and pulling of however you may need to take off the b piller cover to get to hiden screws and that just pops of with little plastic plugs still its easy as.

Edit :You Beat me to It

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
it works out at nearly $1000 to buy them new. the rear strip comes as a complete window and window seal. then you have to have it tinted(if u have tinted windows) its a bit of stuffing around but i was going 4 the bling theme and still think its worth it

eh2o

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
cheers guys