Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chroming parts...

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
G'day all

A mate of mine and I want to get some chrome work done.
Firstly, mine. B pillar covers between the doors. I have been told chroming expands the piece by a few mm and therefore wouldn't fit. Anyone else have a suggestion or opinion on this? Also, this might be me being blonde but how am i meant to take them off without destroying the clips that hold them in?

Next, my mate is looking into black chrome, rather than traditional chrome. In particular his exterior door handles. Can this be done in the same way that traditional chroming is done, and if so are the results the same?
He isn't after shadow chrome, so please don't confuse them. Black chrome looks like it has window tint applied over the top of normal chrome, so still getting a reflection, but tinted.
Also, if this can be done, anyone know any professional electroplaters in adelaide that do this. Looking into Chrome Masters at Elizabeth, but any other suggestions welcome.

Cheers in advance everyone
CC

faroogoo

SENTINEL
Reaction score
Members Ride
GMH
Yeah i've only ever used Chrome Masters & never been disapointed with theyre work,its allways top quality.Ask for Steve if you go there.