Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CHUBS VX commodore build up

Juztin

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS UTE Auto
Looks nice mate, same floor mats :thumbsup: Supercheap auto? lol

Nice dash, very shiny

bread

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
so you just painted yours with light sandings?

luminex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina
so you just painted yours with light sandings?

yea pretty much. gave it a real good sand before the first coat becuase originally they are real rough, then gave it the light coats with 2 heavy then sanded a fir bit till smooth, then continued to give heavys. i think i only sanded it twice, maybe 3 times...

ratzy

It's Sedan Time
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ exec on senator 18's
hey man the grange wheels will look ausom!!! i have them on my wagon and they are so much better then i thought when i got them!! love ur car looks really nice

luminex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina
hey man the grange wheels will look ausom!!! i have them on my wagon and they are so much better then i thought when i got them!! love ur car looks really nice

cheers buddy, really lookin forward to them... ive had a look at ur wagon and it looks sweet as, not really fond of the wagz but ur is pretty nice mate!

luminex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina
update lads! felt adventurous today n decided to tidy up the dvd player

ran more RCAs for front n back speaker amp (On the way 4way 600w pioneer) and for AV out (For flip down moniter when it comes), and also some other wiring issues. Also remounted it so its more further in.

Also, decided to bog up around the unit to make it look tidy, still needs paint tomorrow but im so happy with how it came up, looks so much better!

let me no what u think, improvements?? cheers

also a pic of my PS2 slimline in glovebox and rear console painted

Attachments

• P180209_19.10.jpg
    P180209_19.10.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,096
  • P230209_14.46.jpg
    P230209_14.46.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 1,254
  • P230209_18.42.jpg
    P230209_18.42.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 4,987
  • P200209_09.27[01].jpg
    P200209_09.27[01].jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,250

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
update lads! felt adventurous today n decided to tidy up the dvd player

ran more RCAs for front n back speaker amp (On the way 4way 600w pioneer) and for AV out (For flip down moniter when it comes), and also some other wiring issues. Also remounted it so its more further in.

Also, decided to bog up around the unit to make it look tidy, still needs paint tomorrow but im so happy with how it came up, looks so much better!

let me no what u think, improvements?? cheers

also a pic of my PS2 slimline in glovebox and rear console painted

looks awesome man good job

luminex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina
come up against a few obstacles today, had the dash painted, just had to do final coat, and the can ****ed itself n dripped a couple huge blobs on the dash!

so am now waiting on a new can of paint which needs to be ordered, and had to sand back the dash again, and decided to primer it all up properly this time.

i hope its worth all this muckin around! its been 2 whole days now i been workin on this!

cjcrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
Hey bud, love the car. It looks awesome. Ive always loved red! Hey just a quick questions, what did you use for around the screen, cos i put some gauges in but need to blend it in. Keep up the good work, and more pics :yeah: