Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chuff chuff sound under load.

struggo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline + 2013 FG MKII G6ET
Hi All,

When my VS is under load, say 80-100km & I kick her back. It gets this chuffing sound type shudder from the rear of the manifold or gear box. The sound is noticable around centre air vents and causing my vacuum to drop a little. The gear box oil is level. The exhaust does have a little hum and vibration at idle.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Struggo

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Maybe the rear engine mount under the gearbox is stuffed allowing the engine/trans to move sideways which flexes the muffler assembly enough to make it leak exhaust gas when you floor it. Also maybe connections to cat or manifolds are not tight or gaskets stuffed..

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I have genie extractors and after fitting them ,I noticed the same thing with my vr...I have pulled them apart to look for leaks or any sign of where the problem might be coming from but there are none.
I noticed a kink in the righthand side of the y piece that is purposely put there to clear something and I think the noise is the air rushing past the restricted area. Also I noticed the noise seems to be the more noticeable when all the windows are up....another idea was the vacuum created inside the car with the windows up brings the noise in through the plenum for the heater and the commodore has a lot of air exhaust noise anyway from outside when the engine is loaded....so I just live with it...theres no leaks.