Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cigarette Lighter Fuse

EEJUMS

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 VF Commodore S2
Hey guys, I’m trying to figure out why both cigarettes lighter points are not working in my VF s2 and I’m fairly certain it has to be the fuse has blown. I can’t figure out for the life of me which fuse number it actually is/wether it’s in the cabin or the engine fuse box. Does anyone know which fuse I might need to replace or if it could be something other than a fuse. I’m new to this kinda stuff so any help would be appreciated:)

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Hey guys, I’m trying to figure out why both cigarettes lighter points are not working in my VF s2 and I’m fairly certain it has to be the fuse has blown. I can’t figure out for the life of me which fuse number it actually is/wether it’s in the cabin or the engine fuse box. Does anyone know which fuse I might need to replace or if it could be something other than a fuse. I’m new to this kinda stuff so any help would be appreciated:)

try F29 on the inside fuse panel, page 274 in your owners manual should help you find it.

Attachments

• fuse.jpg
    fuse.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 526

EEJUMS

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 VF Commodore S2

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Do cigarette lighters in modern cars like the VF also have a fusible link at the rear of the plug?
Old cars of the 70’s did :rolleyes:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Do cigarette lighters in modern cars like the VF also have a fusible link at the rear of the plug?
Old cars of the 70’s did :rolleyes:

no, in many cases being at the back is too hard to access.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
i think you might be right as I didn’t have any luck with F29. Thanks for your reply :)

it is best to just use your owners manual and around page 274 you will have fusebox locations and descriptions of the fuses.
look for words like auxiliary , accessory , ACC , socket and you should locate it and if you have a multimeter you can just test the points on top of the fuse and make sure both points have voltage, it saves having to pull the fuse out.