Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cigarette Lighter Plug Removal

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
what do you mean you've blown the plug? its probably just a fuse, check the fuse box

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The back panel of the console, facing the rear seat, unscrews from the main console - I think you can get at it by removing that panel. If not, you need to remove the console.

jet-6

Yer im that guy!
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ SX6 ADVENTRA
There is no fuse in there, ive had mine in and out 10 times, dont waste your time, there is no fuse there!

Secki

Reaction score
Website
www.australianlawenforcement.com.au
Members Ride
VH Wagon SLX 253
Not a fuse, but a small wire at the bottom of the plug itself that acts as a fuse. My cig lighter plug isnt working after i tried running somethign pretty powerful, and the fuse isnt blown, so im assuming its the plug that needs fixing, and have been told of such way to fix it, anyway how do i get the plug out?

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
You need to get underneath the console and unplug the socket.

Then unscrew the big nut like thingy on the back of it... the whole thing comes apart, then you can re-solder that wire back on.

jet-6

Yer im that guy!
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ SX6 ADVENTRA
There is no nut, sorry Ozzie, what you need to do is look at it from the inside, you need to remove the steel part from the plastic suround 1st, if you dont you WILL bust the plastics

Inside are two tiny little locking tabs, you need to push them in while pulling the metal part out, once you have done that you will be able to pull it out

You might have to undo the cable/plug from the rear 1st, just two screws, one either side of the rear of the console and the whole back air vent assembly comes out, you can then see in there sort of