Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cigarette lighter

sinstovirtues

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
hey,

a part off of my old phone charger has broken off and is wedged inside the cigarette lighter on my VY Comm. It's in the console and i can't get anything to get it out...

Is there an easy way to take apart the centre console to fix my cigarette lighter?

Thanks

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The rear panel of the console can be removed to give access to the power socket.

Move both seats forward and you will see a screw on either side at the bottom of the back of the console. Remove those screws and pull the rear panel out from the bottom, it will unclip from under the hinged cover.

You can now see the power socket. To remove it, you will need to remove the padded covering wrapped around the electrical connector and push the small release tang in for the connection to separate.

Next, push the small retaining clips on either side in towards the socket and push the socket forward, through the rear wall of the console compartment.

The power socket is made in two parts. The outer housing is clipped to the inner "tube" and is available as a separate part. If you can't remove the old power plug without damaging the socket, the price for a newie is about $20.

Once you have the socket out though, you should be able to remove the bits of the power plug. Good luck.