Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cigarette Lighter

vs_commodore_guy

Reaction score
Hey all, just wondering i fyou could help with my cigarette lighter problem. trying to get it to work: have replaced it three times with spare parts (some of which new), no fusses out plus all other electrics work properly: all the wiring is still good...as far as i can tell visually and by tugging it. Any suggestions> :bang:

anastaisija

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
mine is the same - can't seem to find the problem tho!

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
You will need a multimeter for a start, or a test light. There is really only power and ground. You either dont have power or dont have ground. Why do you say that it is faulty? Is it because when you plug something in, like a neon, it doesnt work. I know with mine, its simply a case of bad contacts. The contacts in the cigarette lighter dont match up with the neons contacts nicely. To see if its working or not, use the actual cigarette lighter. You may be doing that but just in case. But if you have a test light or multimeter I can tell you what to do to test.

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
the wires have a tendancy to come out of the clamps on the underside

haloeight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato SII L67 S/C V6
the wires on the back are poorly attached to the back of the unit and fray over time, solution is to solder them

also check your fuses