Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cigarettle lighter - problem

bluxx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
Hi all
just bought my VY Berlina and it doesn't have a manual - dealer has ordered one for me. Quick question - there is a cigarette lighter in the centre console area but I can't find another lighter outlet - I don't smoke but need it to charge phone etc. The one in the console doesn't work...?

question is - does it have a fuse that I need to check or is there another way to fix this?

thanks for reading

bluxx

Farlig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Clubsport
check the fuse's which are located behind the drop down panel in drivers side under steering wheel mate.

bluxx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
will do thanks for reply...

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
The connector inside the console might have been unplugged too - if the console has been removed at any stage this plug would have been disconnected. If it wan't reconnected when the console was put back in, that would explain it if the fuses are OK. (does the light inside your console bin come on? If it doesn't, the first thing I would look at is that connector. The top section of the console just snaps out after removing one only screw - have a look inside the coin tray beneath where the ashtry would have been, there's one screw there. Once that's removes, the top console panel just unclips. Work from the back toward the front - once you have that panel lifted away you'll be able to see the plug)

Cheerz!

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Ozzie - they might do for the "cigarette lighter", as it's an option that's not fitted from the factory.

However, the socket in the console bin definitely has a fuse. It's not really intended as a ciggy lighter as such, but for exactly the purpose stated above - to plug 12V powered accessory equipment into your car - mobile phone charger, GPS, work light, and so on...

:thumbsup:

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
Ozzie - they might do for the "cigarette lighter", as it's an option that's not fitted from the factory.

However, the socket in the console bin definitely has a fuse. It's not really intended as a ciggy lighter as such, but for exactly the purpose stated above - to plug 12V powered accessory equipment into your car - mobile phone charger, GPS, work light, and so on...

:thumbsup:

yes i am aware that it has a fuse. I am mearly stating that holden does not plug a fuse into the fuse box. You have to manualy put a fuse into it in order for the socket to work:)

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Well I didn't in my VZ.....

That may have been the case with VY and VX, as the only socket they had was under the normal ashtray location. (although I' also pretty certain that when I had my VT that I never needed to put a fuse in for that socket - it was just working. No cig lighter in there of course, but the socket was powered...)

Discussion???