Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ciggerette lighter..

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
chayle said:
yeah i got 20s but they are all lighting up fine i think its the socket i got one fron super cheap today & now i have no idea how to put it in whats the easyest way
I'll assume that you don't have an ashtray and we are talking about the one right at the bottom in the console. To get at that, you undo the 2 screws either side of the socket, then lift the rear part of the console cover up ( it just clips in ) By the rear part I mean the part where the window swiches are, or should be. Then you'll see a few more screws in there that hold the little compartment in place, remove those and remove the compartment. Then you should have access to the socket. It's been a while since I've removed mine but I'm pretty sure that's how it goes.
Then it's simply a matter of unplugging the socket and replacing. You should have bought the socket from Holden if you aren't too cluey, because it will plug in easily, whereas the aftermarket sockets usually have differnt plugs and need modifying.

HVXII

AWI11
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII Acclaim storm grey
thanks for that but it ended up being a fuse i didnt no they were under the stering wheel aswell i thought it was just in the engine bay
thanks for all your help

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
beeks said:
Don't think too hard,you may get a headache.

i wont dw i'll just shake my head at a lame response also a repeated 1 i might add 2 funny bout that wen u dont read things.....again!!! now whos thinkin hahaha

feg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S/C
One day my sunroof stopped working and it was actually the loose cigarette lighter, that had blown the fuse. Just a hint incase anyone else comes across this. I'm not sure if the sunroof can stay open, but it would be pretty funny if it did.

I swapped out the wiper twenty amp fuse to test it, and if anyone ever has problem where they can't close their suroof, that would be the best quick fix. You would have to do it fast if it raining on you though!

And yes i now have a spare in there incase it blows again. I will have to try to fix the ciggy lighter when i get a chance properly.