Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clarify the CALAIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Pics please of car inside and out, underbonnet and build plate. Doesn't sound right. And a VZ/VY is unheard of in my opinion. Its either a VZ or a VY. VZ started building mid 04, so having VZ/VY in 05 is even more unlikely. Plus to get the car 15k cheaper and for holden to put the super 6 in a car which should have alloytec, well just not adding up.

Pics asap for us.

Ummm, guys, I think he was pulling your chain.....

Revv Head

You wanker......(joking)

revv_head

I DRIVE A V6 SS :P
Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
paddle shifters work. esp whether its traction or esp works. im sorry i just dont see this car that often i will get pics as soon as possible.

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
Your getting funny now. Can't wait for the pics. I wouldn't be quoting all this information until you know the full details of the car because as you say yourself that you just don't see that car that often.

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
my vr i had, had vs badging, interior, etc, looked the same as a vs outside and in but had the buick 3800 motor not the ecotec, it was the last of the vr build as they were crossing into and building vs commodores, everyone i knew said it was a vs cause they said you could tell by the badging and interior, but when they saw the engine and compliance plate saying it was a vr they relised it was a vr, build date was july 95, and i think the vs was july 95 they started, but besides engine and trans, evreything else was vs, even though vr and vs have same body shape just different interior pattern and badges, etc.

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
OK now I'm very curious. If someone comes and says 'aha you got Punked' then I vote instant ban stick action.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
One thing that would be a dead giveaway to anyone in the know, VR (yours) would have had the mirror mounted in the roof. All VSs have it mounted on the windscreen :)

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
and the power mirror switch. VR's used the older vn-vp style while the vs uses a much more reliable new switch :)

Bit hard to see that whilst driving. Can easily spot the mirror mount :)

Status
Not open for further replies.