Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clarion Cd Player Cuts Out :angry:

02banshee

ok..i gawt in mah vl clarion cd player,kenwood 7x10`s,2xpioneer vccs subzz,clarion 4x100 rms amp.... 7x10s are not bridged in the amp wiring.subzz are wired in series to bridged amp.when i crank up the volume over 27 stereo cuts out like theres nawt enuff power runnen to the deck and amp.. but there both now been rewired so they both straight to the battery and it still does it.... im nawt a dodgey person at wiring stereos as ive had them for 12 yrs done all my own installs..... i reckon the deck is on its way out....

what u guys think?????

D

dumpd6

what actually happens?? does it lose power to the deck all together or just once you crank it up your beats stop playin an your speakers go dead

i had a problem like that with mine.. i cant remember if the power went from the deck aswell tho

i never really got it sussed out propper tho but i came to the Conclusion that my amp wasnt powerfull enough for my subs I THINK im still not sure to this day tho

ya see if i turned any thing up on my amp it would shut down but if i had every thing as low as it could go it would work fine (it had bass but not how it should have had)

but also not changing any way the amp was wired up i could connect the amp to my speakers an i could adjust every thing an get it sounding sweet and not cut out

so i dunno that might help you in some way or it might not

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Sounds like the amp is too small and is getting drained.

D

dumpd6

come to think of it you have the same subs as me an i think same amp my amp is a 400watt clarion an it wasnt running my subs so i think you are having the same problem as me

an i bet you went in an asked for a amp that could run 2 pioneer subs an they gave you that one? am i correct

EVL253

i hate cops!
Reaction score
Members Ride
cranky black VB SLE
you have to much load on your amp and its going to the safety cut out. my amp does it as well when i tried wiring it in series. converit it back to bridged and u shouldnt have a problem.i tried it on mine a few times at low levels ok as soon as u turned it up it cuts out.i had no choiuce but to revert back to bridged format

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Yeah the amp will cut out if its got too much draw on it or if its not connected properly.

But you said it seems like the deck is on its way out? Does it lose display etc for a while then cut back on? Might be a loose connection or an earth somewhere.

02banshee

yeah maybe there is to much load on amp... maybe... but the deck used to doit when there was only 1 sub... so i dunnomah mate is an installer and said it should work fine wired in series as it only running at 1/3 on gain on amp