Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Claybar convert

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
Ok so for a long time i have been a skeptic of claybars. The wife brought me one for christmas so today after my SS's fortnightly wash i decided to give the claybar a crack. Holy heck, didn't realize just how dirty my car was.
Anyone else been surprised with the results?

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
heave'nt tried either for the same reasons you said,do you recommend and if so what product did you use,also they say you have to polish after did you do this and what did you use if you did

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
I've thought about clay baring the car but I just don't have time to do it then wax the car by hand.. How long did it take you?

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
I started at about 11:30am and it's now just gone 3:00pm and i am up to the waxing stage so i'd say to wash/clay bar/wax and polish allow about 5 hours minimum. The wife brought me McGuire's quick clay. Thankfully i think you only need to clay bar about once a year (maybe 6 months if your anal).

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
I've done the clubby a few times now. Usually try to do it every six months with a good wax job to follow. Awesome stuff

rossymond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS SPORTWAGON - ORDERED!
Vote here for clay. Minimal efforts just time consuming. Epic results if backed up with a good quality wax

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Clay bars are great. Get so much junk of the paint. Just need to make sure that it is waxed afterwards to protect the paint whether you compund and polish or not.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
i have a clay bar kit waiting to be used feel the paint needs it just need some spare time by the sounds of it, jees id be stuffed after doing whole car clay then again with polish ect lucky im on holidays...