Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Claybar convert

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I used to spend a good 15 hours on my Statesman leading up to Summernats and the clay bar made all the difference. The paint felt like glass after it was done. There's pics in my ride thread in my sig if your interested. I really need to do the Pajero soon, it's way over due for a decent detail.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
The other good thing is you don't need to use a spray/mist type product like quick detailer. You can use soapy water too. Just your normal car wash in a bucket once you have washed the initial dirt off with a sponge/mitt. Making sure to use another clean mix of car wash and water. Then rinse and chamois. Saves a bit of time and a bit cheaper too.

Mr Gop

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Yeah back in the laptop rather than the tablet, just in case you aussies get all excited its a white SS. I got my clay kit for about $30-$40 from Supercheap

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
I love my clay bar.
equ3avez.jpg

Just sayin :D

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
The other good thing is you don't need to use a spray/mist type product like quick detailer. You can use soapy water too. Just your normal car wash in a bucket once you have washed the initial dirt off with a sponge/mitt. Making sure to use another clean mix of car wash and water. Then rinse and chamois. Saves a bit of time and a bit cheaper too.

Awesome tip, thanks heaps for sharing. Will come in real handy

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

My VE is waxed and after wash and chamois use quick detailer which works good.
Only thing is say I rinse bird crap off a panel I get water marks so next wash and chamois some of the water marks need a bit more work with the quick detailer. OK clay bar is to clean paint will it work the same with a wax coating? Like will it take the wax off abit?
I understand that with the clean bucket of car wash the clay bar will glide easily over the paint will it be the same over wax?
And get the water marks off easily?
Cheers Pete

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Dam you guys that have super shine paint work and live on made roads.. I live on a dirt road that is 70-80 meters long.. Gunna have to get me a clay bar and stuff to make her like all of your now.. Well tomorrow when the shops open and the 3 kids leave me alone