Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clean your MAF

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
you may as well just take the throttle body off as you need to take the IAC valve out and clean in there and you allso dont want carby cleaner dribbling down the shaft into the TPS sensor or it kills them

I'll second that, and a stuffed TPS is really annoying, car tends to drive a bit rough.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Is it the same procedure for cleaning a VY V6 MAF?

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Thanx Danja

Statey777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series 2 statesman
i gave my maf sensor on my statesman a quick blow through with compressed air and i noticed the difference in that. do u reckon u could use metho or possably a good evaporating brake cleaner like WURTH on a cotton ear clener thingy to clean the wires after u remove the mesh parts as after reading this i might take it out again and clean it properly and see if i get more difference.
i just bought the car just clicked over 219 000 and on the way home from picking it up i got 800 easy out of a tank that was before doing anything

Krilnik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
So open up the MAF, spray some contact cleaner onto the dirty bits and leave it to dry?

How do you remove the dirt from the dirty bits once the contact cleaner has dried???

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
the force of the spray should wash it all off.

QldKev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina - GENIII
i gave my maf sensor on my statesman a quick blow through with compressed air and i noticed the difference in that. do u reckon u could use metho or possably a good evaporating brake cleaner like WURTH on a cotton ear clener thingy to clean the wires after u remove the mesh parts as after reading this i might take it out again and clean it properly and see if i get more difference.
i just bought the car just clicked over 219 000 and on the way home from picking it up i got 800 easy out of a tank that was before doing anything

Don't use compressed air. The high air pressure can kill your maf.

QldKev