Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cleaning fuel system?

boojak87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS 5.7L
Howdy all. Had the fuel filter replaced last week and it was BLACK fluid passing through, practically mud petrol! haha. Just wondering how much it would set me back to give the whole fuel system a good clean out, including tank, fuel lines. Also how much would it cost me to ultrasonically clean the injectors and rebuild them with the pintle caps etc. (all of this done at mechanics).

Cheers all,
Boojakz.

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
Usually I would suggest a good fuel additive I use BUT if your tank is that bad, you will end up blocking your filter again. Possibly even before using a full tank.

Would you have a go yourself af all?

Other than that my old mans f100 cost about $400 I think for new lines, fuel tank sandblast + injectors. He had concrete dust in the tank..

boojak87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS 5.7L
Ouch!!! Haha concrete...how'd he manage that?!?! That's gold! I was always going to get injectors done anyways, so i suppose $250 upward isn't tooo bad??? *Frightened look on face!*

Haha, Cheers boys,
Boojakz.

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
Well, he's a concreter and he uses the truck to pull about 3 tonne each day. Apparently there was an open breather hose at the filler neck..

he wasnt impressed because I think it cost $2000 all up- new fuel pump, filter, 8 injectors, new lines throughout,

boojak87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS 5.7L
Double ouch!!! Poor bugger