Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cleaning help

msubham

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL turbo
a bucket with some car soap (not dish soap) would be pretty good, as well as a car sponge (a very large sponge found at a hardware store), and if she is smaller, you can get an extender brush to help her reach the tops of the cars. as for drying, some cheap car shammies work great, and dry quickly for repeated use. the can be found at the hardware store as well, or at any local mechanic shop.
Then You can go for final cleaning

rang427

3.6 luxury spec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 3.6 SIDI
a bucket with some car soap (not dish soap) would be pretty good, as well as a car sponge (a very large sponge found at a hardware store), and if she is smaller, you can get an extender brush to help her reach the tops of the cars. as for drying, some cheap car shammies work great, and dry quickly for repeated use. the can be found at the hardware store as well, or at any local mechanic shop.
Then You can go for final cleaning

hahaha. i do know how to wash my car mate.

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Far out Mate I wish these were this cheap when I was looking to get mine, A little jealous.

rang427

3.6 luxury spec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 3.6 SIDI
Far out Mate I wish these were this cheap when I was looking to get mine, A little jealous.

trade up!!! you could actually make a shiz load with all the *peformance* enhancing mods you have done... also when did you get yours and for how much$$

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Haha gotta love all my "performance mods" lol, I consider my car almost unsalable due to all the stuff I have done to it, it would probably be more simple to crash it than sell it. But seriously I think I would only sell it if I was going to get an 8.

Luke V8

AKA Luke!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
Be careful... If something seems to good to be true etc...

Consider this... A dealer is selling it. Dealers want to get as much $$ for the vehicle. If it was a quick and easy shampoo job then why didn't the dealer do that for $100 and sell the car for an extra couple of thousand?

Just a thought

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
^^^^^ Correct.

Beware mate, it may have seen some H2O by the look of it to me, not just the floor either.

Anyway best of luck whichever way it turns out.

Cheers.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
hey guys i did tell you about a friend who wanted to get a similar car as mine,

anyway theres this Calais V 2009.5 (my10) model with the SIDI engine and 6 speed on gumtree. it is dirt cheap. ( parden the pun)

it is listed as a price that makes it as cheap or cheaper earlier versions with more kays,

he is a bit cautious of the red dirt in the interior carpets. and before we go and have a look at the car he wants to know if he can remove the majority of the dirt.
i recommended steam cleaning but as he knows i am on this forum he wanted to hear you guys suggestions.

2009 Holden Calais VE MY09.5 V Evoke 5 Speed Automatic Sedan | Cars, Vans & Utes | Gumtree Australia Gosnells Area - Maddington
993316d_20.jpeg

thanks guys

IMO the only way to clean this carpet is to remove it and clean it properly wash it with the hose and can rinse it out. I've cleaned ones with less dirt than that, it takes a while to lift that much dirt out of the pile, or just replace it.

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
IMO the only way to clean this carpet is to remove it and clean it properly wash it with the hose and can rinse it out. I've cleaned ones with less dirt than that, it takes a while to lift that much dirt out of the pile, or just replace it.

It's the main carpet mate so its a bit hard to take it off unless you take out all the seats and other bits and peices.
Best bet is to use a steam cleaner with good chemicals.

I just thought ill ask here so sorry to high jack your thread mate.
I want to clean the white/cream color roof of my ve but not sure what to use so any help ?

rang427

3.6 luxury spec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 3.6 SIDI
Same thing mate. The steam vacuum thingy. Will work fine. I don't care about hijacked threads after all its to help people yes?

Ps the cream colour is a bitch to keep clean and tidy. But looks way better that black. Take the Calais for example the black is ok but the two tone.. omg
Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using Tapatalk 2