Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cleaning IAC

MRVX2U

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
I have just pulled my Iac valve out and the tip is pitch black what's the best way to clean it?

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Make sure the inside of the throttle body, where the IAC seats, is clean as well.

D

devilly

carby cleaner to clean it,then dip it in clean engine oil on it before putting it back in :)

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
I used a wire brush and some WD40. As said before, clean out where it sits and don't forget to put the o-ring back in.

D

devilly

no way use a wire brush, the brass cone is mounted on a plastic screw,that moves in and out, if you turn it with a wire brush then it will run incorrectly.you want clean engine oil on the screw in and out bit.

Attachments

• IAC Valve.jpg
    IAC Valve.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 1,388

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
buy a new one from Holden. At least check out the price of one, you may be surprised.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
no way use a wire brush, the brass cone is mounted on a plastic screw,that moves in and out, if you turn it with a wire brush then it will run incorrectly.you want clean engine oil on the screw in and out bit.
I've heard that. It must have spun round heaps of times. That was over 100,000kms ago. No issue.