Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cleaning throttle body sv6 ve

Shiny Alex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
My cars juddery between 1500 and 2500 in most gears and after a bit of searching I'm thinking its a dirty throttle body.

If I take the elbow off to clean inside will I need to replace any gaskets?

`Aleks

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black SSV
I put a airhammer onto my sv6, at the start sounded abit better and i felt the difference of it, saved abit of fuel aswell. ive had it on for 1 year and a half and decided to take it off compeletly and put the stock one back in. From what i thought was a much better upgrade turned out to be worse in the end and the car has a better responce and feels alot smoother with the stock one ( the airhammer felt like in 2nd gear it had a gap between 2800-3100 or so rpm were it delayed before it actually accelerated properly, which now the stock one does not do that), i guess without tuning the car theres no point in putting the cai on a sv6 or a v6 in that matter? thats my opinion anyway

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
I have just put up a thread to clean the throttle body of a 3.6ltr in the How to's section if anyone needs it.