Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cleaning throttle body

rocket0000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
hey guys,,,,, i wanna clean the throttle body coz its full of **** but am really facing a little of problem in there. first i was trying to remove the butterfly to clean inside and around it but the bloody criuse cable and gas cable are mounted and am unable to take out the butterfly unless i undo those to cables. plz can someone help me?..

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
The plastic clip one you just force backwards, easily done with two fingers. The metal one you just get a screwdriver under and jimmy it up. Both should come off easily.

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4
Take the thing off, it's only 2 Nuts and use some carby cleaner. Don't make **** overly complicated.

tumut123

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT 3.8 auto
Your only making life difficult removing the 2 butterfly screws, ensure you use some loctite 262 or similar when reinstalling the screws. Its much easier to undo the 13mm nuts that hold the throttle body on. Remove the idle speed motor & clean it by spraying a rag then wiping it, if you spray the idle motor too much it will bugger the electrics inside. dont touch the throttle position switch (too much re-adjustment required with computer)

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
You don't have to undo any of that.
Pull undo the throttle cable, take off two nuts and soak it in carby cleaner and use an old tooth brush to clean the soot off.

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
when you take it off, is there a gasket that needs replacing or anything?