Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

clear coat starting to come off help!

J

JUDDO13

ok so i know its not the end of the world but washing my car today i noticed a funny looking circle in my paint on closer inspection i noticed the funny looking circle was the clearclat peeling now im putting this down to bat sh*t and i know its my fault but is there anyway someone could just sand back a bit of the clear and redo it or is the whole panel going to need to be re-cleared worse yet whole panel repainted(hope not dont wanna have to get my panels blended)

also i think my computer isnt held in by anything today i noticed the kickpanel on the passenger side was almost falling off and put my hand behind there n it feels like something thatt resembles a computer how hard will this be to fix? i know it souldnt be hard but just annoying as i only had the car a month :( lol
thanks

zacrach83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
Bugger, that bat stuff is nasty!!!

Same sort of thing happened to my wife's car. The whole panel needed re-painting. ( I am just going to re-do the whole car anyway)
I am not a painter but pretty sure you will have to do the whole panel. That was the advice i was given anyway!
Good luck with it.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Yep, whole panel. If it has gone through the clear and made it peel, then you can bet it has gone into the paint as well.

J

JUDDO13

bugger thats no good i dont really want it to get repainted think it will stand out like dogs balls unless i get it blended hmmmmmmmmmm :(

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Got bats flying over so I check the cars early in the morning and most of the time you can hose off while still moist.
Or warm soapy water rag and wear plastic gloves. I got my gloves from the safety shop when I got my steelcaps.
Last alot better than woolies ones.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
I have seen some wicked damage from bat **** and bat **** may have helped it along but I doubt bat **** alone would just peel clear coat, probably an underlying problem as with all early commodores.