Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clear TailLight...on Parcel Shelf....

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
Hey guys,
Just wondering if it is possible to get a clear taillight on the parcel shelf to replace the red covered one...would look better on a black car with clear taillights, so is it just a simple custom made one, just get a red LED and put it in then get some clear plastic or something that has that smoked effect??

Cheers fellas:w00t:

EDIT-heres a pic to show u what i mean

Attachments

• 36_1_b.jpg
    36_1_b.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 196
  • dscf0891xp1.jpg
    dscf0891xp1.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 254

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
I think he wants to know if you can get a clear lens for the parcel shelf brake light like the ones you can get for the tail lights.

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah, the stop light on the parcel shelf...can u just place in a red LED and get a clear lens for it??

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
ah i see i see makes sence now, umm i havent actually seen them around someone ought to invent it im sure money would be made

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
if you had a different parcell shelf and could get rid of the lump that covers the light there are heaps of different red/with clear lense lights available with LEDS............ got a good brake light on my VB with the same blah blah blah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there every were

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
could u just cut the lump or something or just cut it out then make a box to house the new taillight and then carpet it in the same colour as the shelf?? or would that be classed as changing the structure and making it illegal??

Jon Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series 2
You'll probably will find those lights are illegal unless you are running some other reflectors on the rear of your car too, but they do look pretty sweet. It wouldnt cost too much to get a clear lens made for your centre light, should look awesome once u get it done, keep us updated.

Cheers

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
cut the parcell shelf fit some nice speaker mounts and cover it in grey carpet. the only thingis the black markings on the rear screen