Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clear taillights.... Yes or No?

Goodloox_Nogutz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR EXEC
I agree with most of the people above, tinted would look heaps better than the clear ones.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
VNV6VENGEANCE said:
Hey i have seen a good example of these lights check out the lights with this blue..

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/vn-custom-ca...QQihZ004QQcategoryZ102240QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

that was the same colour as the VN with clear taillights I looked at today, & I looked at it for awhile. But I think being an 'S' & that I have all that red pinstriping etc.... that all clear just wouldnt work, Im quite interested in this clear indicator idea thou. Basicaly red top & bottom clear middle right??

D.

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Do that Countess, the clear indicator one, that is! I don't know, I think the whole clear lights, look sorta cheap and crappy, but the clear indicator sounds good!

S

scared_

i'd tint then personaly. clear lights wont really match the black boot garnish.

WaynoVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VN V6 5 Speed
I prefer dark tail lights...looks meaner/stealthier

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
Countess said:
Im quite interested in this clear indicator idea thou. Basicaly red top & bottom clear middle right??

The lights with clear indicators come up on eBay fairly regularly so it's worth keeping an eye out. I couldn't find any when I looked this morning though. They do have red (tinted) top and bottom with a clear middle section.

You could try for some Lexcen lights which are similar but i've been trying to find a good set for ages and had no luck yet. The reverse lights all seem to go a bit yellowish with age.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
well I saw a VR with the DARKEST taillights ever & I have to say damn why is that illegal?? lol Cus yes, I do agree darker is better, however I already get enuf attention from the boys in blue with the custom plates on a VN! (hoon car!)

D.

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
In my opinion, I reckon that the clear lights look like the faded ones you see on the vn's that havent been looked after, they kinda spoil the car. But thats only my opinion, each to their own!
And I agree, the darker the better. Saw a VT the other day and the taillights were BLACK, they still lit up nice and bright though.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
thats the problem thou, how do you get them nice & black & still lighting up well???

D.

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Countess said:
thats the problem thou, how do you get them nice & black & still lighting up well???
Maybe slightly brighter globes? If it's possible??