Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Click/clunk noise when turning

steve40

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
Hi all my vy has a clunking sound coming from the front left side when turning,its a sound similar to cv clicks(of course its not that)got the steering all checked out ond thats fine,my mechanic said it could be the bush at the top of the shocker/strut that is moving making the sound as it only clicks once,has anyone had the same noise.
Cheers steve

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
yes i have same noise , i think it is the top bearings/cushions of the front shock struts , each side has a top rubber cushion & a nylon spacer bearing. can buy from ebay for $120 the kit of 2 . Have to pull both front struts off & then take the springs off the struts , you need spring compressors to undo spring , not hard job but tedious, i am putting up with mine for a while longer , its not dangerous & will last forever before serious wear occurs.

arty

Reaction score
Same issue

Hi there,

I have the same issue, but mine sounds like it is coming from the button of the car.

Also the car drags towards the left.

Do you have that issue?

I'm thinking to take it to Pedder's for the $14 meal deal look over.

mickcainique

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt 2000 olympic edition
i used to work for pedders so i wouldn't go there not unless you want a big hole in your wallet and still have the same problem ,the problem you all seem to have is not suspension related and i have fixed this problem many a time so listen up ,under the front of the car just where the exhaust manifold is there is an body stiffener gusset panel on both sides these need to be retightened pref.when engine has heated up from memory they 12mm four each side,hope that helps

steve40

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
Thank for the replies it sounds like its a common issue,i will have a look for those body stiffy things.
cheers steve

uteaddict

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Series 2 Utility
my votes on the strut top bearing. Put some 2nd hand shocks in today and the bearings were starting to fall out of them and it makes the same sound. Ordering them tomorrow through work