Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Climat control dosent work in VS berlina :(

SikVScommi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL berlina - Daily / VS Berlina - Project car :)
Ok ppl i have had this issue for sum time and now i give up...time to resort to the internet lol
Ever since i've had the car the L3 Climate Control does not work at all, doesent even want to turn on...i've replaced fuses, looms, relays and still doesent wanna work
Any help would be much appreciated thanx

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
I would check fuse 17 as its the ignition fuse that runs the climate control panel also fuse 1 witch is the battery fed fuse for it.
Ok ppl i have had this issue for sum time and now i give up...time to resort to the internet lol
Ever since i've had the car the L3 Climate Control does not work at all, doesent even want to turn on...i've replaced fuses, looms, relays and still doesent wanna work
Any help would be much appreciated thanx

f the tap can be moved by hand, check the postion of the heater tap changes between (manual) hot and cold. If it doesn't, then you can chase why.

If the other controls work - vent position etc. - there must be vacuum present = one-way valve, tank etc. not leaking.

The solenoid controlled valves that direct vacuum through the system are behind the oddment tray, under the radio. It's possible that the one that moves the heater tap has died. If you pull the climate control display out and switch the system from full cold to hot, the solenoid should actuate. (Working out which it is if it isn't working will have to be a process of elimination, noting which solenoid works as the climate controls are used.)

If a test light indicates there is power and an earth across the solenoid wire, it will be the solenoid.

There's also a temp. sensor on one of the pipes to the heater core (in car, behind the climate control display) that won't allow the heater to work if the heater (engine) is cold. Perhaps that has died or fallen away from the pipe.

The display units can also stop working properly.