Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Climate control bulbs from jaycar

GMH-SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
Can you get the climatecontrol bulbs from jaycar or are the bulbs one piece just like the bulbs for the level 3 cluster ?

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Hey mate, had this same issue myself recently. Jaycar don't sell the exact ones you need but I picked up some a couple of long-legged pearl globes which I managed to fit into the existing bulb holders inside the unit. Downside is that it's not quite as bright as it once was but considering the prices Holden charge for OEM ones, they'll do fine.. ;)

GMH-SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
Hahah there is always downsides, on ebay some holden dealer is selling all 6 globes brand new for $62 dollars, i think its cheap considering i paid 80$ for those stupid bulbs that light up the 3 cluster window

wod300

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Berlina Supercharged 3.8
Sorry guys I'm a little lost. I thought you could replace them with the led kits that are sold on eBay? I was going to do this, or am I wasting my time?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

BlackoutSteve

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice LS1
are theses the correct ones? $14 for 10
Dash Panel Globes 12V 1.2W T-1/4 (Box of 10)

The above Narva 47734 bulbs are NOT the same as the GM ECC (Electronic Climate Control) illumination bulbs.
The correct bulbs have a 1/2" (~12.7mm) diameter base, not 10mm, and the contacts are not in line with the bayonet tangs, but at 90°.
I spoke to Narva and they assured me that they do not have the correct GM bulbs.

The GM bulbs go by 3 different part numbers and these may simply be a case of with the green "condoms" or without. The prices were the same on each part number.
92140514, 92140515 & 92142572, all having the same disgusting price of $12.70 each plus tax.
Apparently these are also used in some Volvo ECCs and go by the Volvo part number 9472403, with an even more disgusting price of $20 each.

However, I have ordered a qty of 10 x-USA and am waiting for them to arrive. They appear to be identical to the GM bulb and if they are correct, I'll have 10 for less than au$30 landed.
I'll update this thread when the postman comes. :)

soa9.jpg

BlackoutSteve

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice LS1
Did they have them at the counter?
..or did you have to dismantle a dash, remove the ECC, then dismantle the ECC in order to pocket the used bulbs?

BlackoutSteve

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice LS1
Got bulbs.. HEAPS cheaper than the ~$75 that Holden want for just 6 of them. ;)

Only difference is base is grey instead of black.
qog1.jpg

Illumination matches the instrument panel's OE bulbs perfectly.
9pc5.jpg