Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Climate control conversion

finnbe

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX II Commodore Executive
I know there has been alot of discussion about how hard it is to complete a climate control converion. I want to know if anyone has a link to a step by step guide from someone that has actually done it (for a VX)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Benjamin

jazza15

Jarryd
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT II S
I was going to do it, bought pretty much everything I needed then decided NOT TO DO IT.
Not worth it, gotta change the whole box by removing the dash.
Someone did a walkthrough on how to change something in the box with full pictures etc a while back. This is it: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...-heater-core-removal-hoses-photos-thread.html
I, and a lot of other people think it is not worth the time and money.
Pretty much, if you want calais/berlina features, buy a calais/berlina.
If you have a sports model and like it too much, then keep it and leave it like a sports model, more performance than luxury!

Last edited:

tigass

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss commodore series 2
Yeah but I want both performance and luxury in my ss. After all not too many vt ss going around that would have climate control in it :)

seriously now. How much difference is the standard aircon to the climate control? Anyone have a parts checklist that I can follow?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2017 Captiva.
Yeah but I want both performance and luxury in my ss. After all not too many vt ss going around that would have climate control in it :)

seriously now. How much difference is the standard aircon to the climate control? Anyone have a parts checklist that I can follow?
Some one did list all the parts needed to do the conversion but good luck finding it.
88GreenVN did the conversion in a VN which would be roughly the same and he has quite a detailed thread about it in the VN section. http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...1993/85163-converting-vn-climate-control.html

Last edited:

feg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S/C
I am the same, I want the looks of the S or even SS, with all the features of the calais. I don't like the chrome, and even though I am approaching the age I should be driving a luxury model instead of a sports model , I just can't do it. I think the happy medium will be an optioned up vtII hsv r8 or senator signature.

The price is coming down everyday ( I can wait ). If I put everything on my S that I want now, it will be around the same, even with the some ebay bargins, as buying the spec'd up clubbie.:dance::dance::dance:

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
I want to do this in my VR. My heater core/box is stuffed anyway so can I replace it with a calais one? save some time on the conversion
You can fit the Calais heater box and that will take care of the hardest part of the conversion but I don't think the heater or aircon will work until you finish the rest of the conversion.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
so what else is involved?

- replace with calais heaterbox
- replace with calais CC unit (lcd screen)

what else, wiring looms or am I missing something?
There would be a temperature sensor or two involved, and climate control have ventilation motor control instead of a fan speed resistor and you would also need a vacuum solenoid pack instead of a vacuum switch.