Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Climate control differences

vess09

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF R8 Clubsport
Recently my drivers side air con started blowing hotter regardless of the temp setting whilst the passenger side cooled down nicely and continued to blow cool, after like half and hour of driving the drivers side would be a moderate temp, I’ve already replaced the drivers side air temperate mix actuator, seamed to make a difference straight away but after a couple of starts it is back the same. Anyone got any ideas what could be the issue or had similar issue and got it fixed.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
On VE there is a relearn/calibrate procedure that can be done. I’d imagine VF has something similar.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
VF went cheap with the number of air temp sensors around the cabin, choosing to use less than what was used in VE. Instead, clever firmware was supposed to guess what air was needed where....

Turns out the firmware wasn’t so clever after all and if I recall correctly there was an update to sort out some of the ghosts in the machine... You'd need to check with dealer service that you have the latest HVAC firmware that removes some of the ghosts...

Failing that, the VF self calibrating module reset procedure is shown in this thread.

vess09

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF R8 Clubsport
Thanks, checked the manual and done the actuator recalibrate without scan tool and unfortunately hasn’t made a difference, I’ll have to check with a friend at the dealership (ex-dealership) here to check for updates, at least I can get access to the GM tool

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
What is the recalibration procedure? I would like to also try it
See my post above and click on the blue link which will take you to the thread that contains the ”procedure”...

BlaserF3

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF/S1 SS Storm Ute - quite warmed up
My VF S1 is just the opposite of the OP- -- Driver side cool and pax side a bit warmer. Quick fix was to isolate the system to individual settings and turn both to max cool. Wait till very cool then link both sides and tick "auto", then change setting to desired temp and both sides then stabilized.
Have to do this each time though. Thanks for the link skylark, will try the fuse removal option.

vess09

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF R8 Clubsport
Update for mine, after a few days of no change had a friend auto sparky have a look and straight away pointed out there is a leak on the ac compressor hose to the condenser, new hose ordered and hopefully should fix the problem

ITOONS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V8
Update for mine, after a few days of no change had a friend auto sparky have a look and straight away pointed out there is a leak on the ac compressor hose to the condenser, new hose ordered and hopefully should fix the problem
Hey mate. What did this cost you? Just had my car serviced and Holden want to charge $750 for replacement of compressor hose and regassing it

vess09

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF R8 Clubsport
Hey mate. What did this cost you? Just had my car serviced and Holden want to charge $750 for replacement of compressor hose and regassing it

Yeah, part cost me around $290, a mechanic friend and I fitted it for $100 cash (took around 2 hrs) and the gas cost me a carton of coronas