Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Climate control differences

goose202

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais L77, VX Calais LS1, VW T-ROC
I discovered this thread trying to solve the same problem...

I think the temp sensors are in the ducts that carry the air to the side ducts. It seems my issue is solved by ensuring the side front vents are open. With them closed I don't actually think the system knows how hot the air in the centre vents is.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I discovered this thread trying to solve the same problem...

I think the temp sensors are in the ducts that carry the air to the side ducts. It seems my issue is solved by ensuring the side front vents are open. With them closed I don't actually think the system knows how hot the air in the centre vents is.
The ambient temp sensor is not located in the vents.

goose202

Reaction score
Members Ride
No, it's in the ducts, just like I said.

Attachments

• ducts.png
    ducts.png
    190.2 KB · Views: 68

goose202

Reaction score
Members Ride
My purpose for posting was to perhaps help out someone else who has been having the same problem. Not that I actually mentioned anything about an ambient sensor.

There is a temp sensor in the ducting that goes to the outer vent.
When cold, I had super hot air from the left centre vent and cool air out of the right centre vent, despite both zones set driver control.
I checked resistance of this sensor vs the sensor in the footwell ducting, same.
I checked the door motors were working fine.
I pulled the fuse to reset the climate control module, whatever that might do.
Realising the outer vent was closed and opening that appears to have fixed the problem.

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
This may have nothing to do with anything Holden related but it might help someone.
Some years ago, on a trip back from Mount Isa, my G6E started blowing very hot air through drivers foot vents (had to put shoes and socks on) but normal temp through passengers vent.
Car was in warranty so when we got home I took it to Ford and they contacted me later that day to tell me the battery needed replacing.
I didn't believe it as it was starting without problem.
To paraphrase the explanation, when the car starts it does a bunch of checks but because the batt was dropping below 9.6v (I think) on cranking it wasn't completing all the checks successfully.
Whatever - the new battery fixed it.