Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Climate control Fan - Weird noise's

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Hey All

Ive got a VP calais and on saturday i hopped in me car n the fan was makin sum weird noise's.....

It sounds like there is sumfink jamed in the fan....

The noise doesnt stay at the same tone it kinda changes from a deep rumble like a plane then it goes to like a ripply sorta noise like there is a bit of paper stuck to the bak of the fan....

I turn the fan up then down then to re-cycle air and freash and the noise changes every time.....

The noise is comin from inside the feet vent, well thats where it is the loudest...

Does anyone know where the problem could be or if they have had any thing like this happen to them....

Also where abouts the fan is, ive looked in me manual but it doent say where it is....

Its weird coz it was workin perfectly bout 15min b4 then it just started this noise for no reason after i got bak into the car for a drive....

Cheers any help would be great thanks all :thumbsup:

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
I always seem to get business cards or paper receipts fall from the back of the glove box and get sucked into the fan. Just unclip the glovebox and have a feel around the fan. Easily fixed.:thumbsup:

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Cheers Scooter, i did have a look round to see if any papery things were stuck up there but there wasnt but it was dark so i will have a better look the sarvo when it day light....Cheers for ya quick reply mate

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Can you actually see the fan? You should be easily able to still your hand in there and see the fins. Just make sure the fan isn't on :eek:

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Yeah Scooter found da fan....had a Hungy Jacks voucher stuck in it....All fixed now....ur a legend......

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
calais_cruzin said:
Yeah Scooter found da fan....had a Hungy Jacks voucher stuck in it....All fixed now....ur a legend......

I would hope the voucher is still valid? :D