Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Climate control instal

Mr Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV
Just wondering what is involved in puting the climate control into a Vr.
Im guesing theres more to it than just the dash peice.

Mr Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV
will do a search.
reason for asking i just had that peice of the dash out and found a spare plug that i am guesing if for the other unit.I was hopeing all i had to do was just plug all the bits in.If its that easy ill do it but if i have to do a bit of soldering Ill buy new wheels for the Vy insted lol

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
Quite a big job, you'll need all the sensors; ambient temp sensor, interior temp sensor, sunlight sensor, evaporator sensor, different heater box, climate control panel itself, solenoid control pack, all the servos for the different vents, and a LOT of time and patience putting it all together.

Its quite costly too.... but its certainly not just plug and play, thats for sure.

Mr Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV
thanks for the help.Dont think i will be doing that.Not that i cant its just that i couldnt be stufft,rather buy a car with it instaled but it was just a thort.Didnt realise there where that many sencors.
Thanks againe you saved me a lot of swearing.

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
thanks for the help.Dont think i will be doing that.Not that i cant its just that i couldnt be stufft,rather buy a car with it instaled but it was just a thort.Didnt realise there where that many sencors.
Thanks againe you saved me a lot of swearing.

Yeah no dramas, believe me, whilst its good having it, when parts go wrong with it, they aren't cheap to replace at all..... plenty of swearing to be done there, thats for sure! :bang: