Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Climate control light???

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
Hey guys,

Um Bought my car 2 days ago and have just noticed that the climate control (car is a VS berlina) is not backlit!!!! Is it broken or is that just how they come. Its imposible to see at night so needs to be fixed. Any tips on fixing it, I searched and couldnt find any info on it.

Cheers

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
The climate control has a green backlight, need to change bulb, if you're going to take it apart then you might as well convert to LED.

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
I searched and couldn't find any info on changing/replacing the bulb or switching to LED. Can anyone give me some info on it because it's starting to annoy me - every time I want to chane it at night I have to switch all the interior lights on!! Also how much price difference is there between just replacing the light bulb and switching to LED....????

Cheers:D

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
From memory there is two thin lights that light up the screen and the words Climate Control. There are a further two small bulbs further down behind the buttons that light up that area. They are a real pain in the neck to get to, you have to pull off the black plastic on the back of the unit, and then get access to the circuit board. The two globes are round in shape, and screw into position. GMH sells them, from memory they are about $10 each....

If all your lights are not working, it might be worth checking that everything is plugged into the unit properly on the back.

W

whisky

There are 2 globes down the bottom to light up the buttons and then 2 thin bulbs in the module itself for the screen backlight.

You need to take out the unit, pop open the front facia, which has 3 tangs either side and then get a replacement light circuit board which comes off with 1 screw.

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
Yeah the whole climate control module isnt lit up - so maybe I will have to check if it is all plugged in correctly....how do I do this?

W

whisky

Yeah the whole climate control module isnt lit up - so maybe I will have to check if it is all plugged in correctly....how do I do this?

All the bulbs are probably blown. Very common.

Just take out the unit and pop the front fascia off. You will be able to tell straight away if the top thin bulbs are blown... and it's a lot easier to take the bottom globes out with the front fascia off, you'll see why.

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
Alright - I will have a look....let you know how i go

Thanks

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Don't know where Holden get off selling all their globes for ridiculous prices. Those are worth all of about 30 cents each. Any electronics wholesaler will attest to that.

Indeed it is a pain to change those globes too. I have had the unit apart and if I recall they are actually soldered in place also.

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
Yeah I still haven't got around to changing them. The buttons are backlit so I think it is just the bulbs behind the screen......Hopefully get on to it today or tomoro. Why did holden make some things so difficult.....aaaaarrrrgggghhh