Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Climate control light???

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
Check the relay under the bonnet labelled LP CHECK... mine did this exact thing and thats what it turned out to be. I have no idea what the hell it does but apparently its something to do with the climate control!

Failing that, it might just be cheaper to replace the entire unit from a wreckers. Definately wouldn't bothering going to Holden for a replacement unit, they are worth over $400 new!

Regassing of the A/C should only cost about $120 or so, providing that no piping etc needs replacing.

SWE11L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina/ KJ Verada/ 88 Trans Am
Thanks guys, i got some advice from someone on an earlier thread and i think i may have changed the wrong fuse/relay cause its started doing it again...yeah screw holden for any kind of repairs and new parts....its such a pain in the ass of a problem, this climate control ****....thanks again, ill let ya'll know how it goes...

hjmonaro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sedan, VY Wagon
Hi swe11L have you found a fix for your problem yet I have the same fault sometimes the cc works sometimes it doesnt usually when its really hot it wont come on at all but I found when testing if I tap the relay box it will come on but I still cant figure out what is the cause.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Hi swe11L have you found a fix for your problem yet I have the same fault sometimes the cc works sometimes it doesnt usually when its really hot it wont come on at all but I found when testing if I tap the relay box it will come on but I still cant figure out what is the cause.

The relay labelled LP CHECK is faulty. I have heard of quite a few people having this problem, myself included. Replacing it will fix the problem.